Thursday, January 21, 2010

PRODUCTION CALCULATION FOR WEAVING LOOMS.


PRODUCTION CALCULATION FOR WEAVING LOOMS




Weaving Calculation for weaving looms differ from different types of machines .But the Basic calculation remains the same .

Factors which effect the production are only two main things .

1) RPM (Revolution per minute )  of Machine .

2) Weaving Efficiency .



What is 100% production  of any given machine in terms of picks .

= RPM    X    WORKING HOURS   X   60

RPM  means that for every revolution of the motor one pick inserted .
60 signifies the conversion factor  of hrs to minutes .

For example :- My machine runs at 600 RPM  for a shift of 24 hrs .

Then the Total Picks inserted for the day

= 600 x 24 x 60

= 864000 picks

Therefore at a given day at 100% efficiency  864000 picks are inserted .


Calculating Production 

Nowadays on modern machines calculating the production on the machine is not tedious .

We get all the information on the machine panel .

Thanks for the Technology .

Today there are counters on the machine to calculate the number of picks inserted .

This information can be taken manually  from the machine , or installing cad /cam system provided by the machine manufacturer or by different interfacing  hardware /software available  in the market .

Factors affecting the productivity of a machine .

1) Efficiency .
2) Picks Per Inch / Cms.


Efficiency  of the machine  = (Final Reading of the machine  - Intial Reading of machine ) x 100
                                                            Total no of picks @ 100% inserted ( 864000)

Production per shift of 24 hrs in mtrs 

                        =  Total no of picks inserted per shift / (picks per cm   x 100 )

or

                     = Total no of Picks Inserted per shift  /  ( picks per inch x 39.37 )



Total  no. of Picks    = (Final Reading of the machine  - Intial Reading of machine ).




Conclusion :-

Production of Loom  =  (RPM  X  WORKING HRS  X 60  X EFFICIENCY %)  /  ( PICKS PER INCH X 39.37)


Hope This Information to all my friends .

Thanks

Ramesh Prajapati

D.K.T.E College of Engg ,Ichalkaranji.







48 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. unit of d result will b metres.............

      Delete
  2. sir what do mean by Final Reading of the machine and Intial Reading of machine ????

    ReplyDelete
  3. how we can calculate total cost of woven fabric per meter? tell me in detail

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's Easy

    First You Need Row Material Cost; Utility Cost; Manpower Cost; Calculate all as day wise and divided by production meter you got cost of production.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes its very Easy to calculate ,you can have the fun with it .
      Can you Please post All the Details .

      Delete
  5. How to calculate relvoution per minute RPM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On the Motor Body its Mentioned , Else use tachometer Thanks

      Delete
  6. Sir u seem to have great knowledge in weaving field. Pls advise me which loom should I install to produce grey cotton fabric. I am currently using wooden shuttle power loom. I want to increase my production capacity and reduce cost.
    Investment cost is not a problem to me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think for your high production capacity u need toyota 810..
      Bipin Tiwari
      Sr.weaving manager
      C H A C H A LIFESTYLE PVT LTD
      8949054788
      FOR ANY QUERRY U CALL ME..
      I HAVE ALSO 96 TOYOTA LOOMS

      Delete
    2. Dear Sir,
      I have a query as under:
      In the above discussion it was mentioned that
      Picks Per Inch * 39.37 means what? what 39.37 ?

      Could you please explain?
      Thanks for in advance

      Delete
    3. My email id is kailas874@gmail.com

      Delete
    4. 39.37 is for inch to mtr conversation

      Delete
  7. SIR I HAVE DONE CALCULATION FOR ALL OF MY MACHINES,I WANT FURTHER HELP FROM YOU.CAN YOU GIVE YOUR CONTACT NUMBER

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. +6281517546467
      or +917378659502
      Only for Whatapp Reply

      Delete
  8. hello sir
    this is jignesh from surat, india. the thing that i need to know is can we find the manufacturing cost of the fabric by just having the detail cost of raw material and machine detail. as i have not produced it and still studing on macufacturing the fabric

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will explain all about production with electronic jaquard and rapier with its calculation and profit .
      If you intersted in buying the machine then contact me on 9723887698

      Delete
  9. Sir, seems like u have an amazing knowledge over the subject. Im currently engaged in a a company planning to manufacture geogrids. I have had a detailed study about the various loom machines, their production capacities etc.. What i cant understand still is that how is the RPM of machine fixed at 100 or 200 or 300 watever?? nd why does it vary according to fabric width size, means wider the fabric lower the RPM speed of machine. So is there any formula or logic for this RPM figure calculation. My contact num is 9170536470. I wish u explain nd clear my doubt in detail over the phonecall..

    ReplyDelete
  10. i didn't get the above formula correctly.
    it is not considering the width at all. there are machines which run at 500 rpm in single width while there are some running at 500 rpm in 136 inches width also.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Minor Typo error to be corrected, It should be
    Prodn per Shift of 8 Hrs -or-
    Prodn per Day of 24 Hrs

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to collaborate with you on your excellent website. email me at anita.burke@hexcel.com. I am just now learning VBA and making some pivot table dashboards for my routine efficiency reports on our fiberglass looms

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Verymuch .Can Update me the Prices on +6281517546467

      Delete
  13. I should mention, I speak English as my first language and I am proficient in Windows 7 and Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint). I am getting the hang of Windows 10 and helping my mom with Office 365. You have a great website. It would be neat to insert some equations and diagrams.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OOPS MAN , YOU MAIL ID AND CONTACT PLS

    ReplyDelete
  15. how to calculate Pick per minute using rpm

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear all

    Any textile notes available in Hindi language..


    Pls .......

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear all
    Anybudy give me details of sizing cost and dead loss %.

    ReplyDelete
  18. please anybody tell me CMPX full meaning

    ReplyDelete
  19. Centi million picks exposition

    ReplyDelete
  20. Elabrote centimillion picks in detail.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Picks per inches * 39.37 means what.
    What is 39.37?
    Could you please explain?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 39.37 means conversion of inch to meter so 39.37 taking compulsary to apply 39.372

      Delete
    2. Dear Its The Conversion of 100 cm to Inches That is 100/2.54 = 39.37 U can Replace the PPi directly with PPcm *100 (ppcm = Pickper cm) for Production Calculation Thanks
      Can Contact on Whatsapp also for Further Info +6281517546467.

      Delete
  22. Dear sir

    Per Mtr how to calculate warp and weft gems formula

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sir I want to know how we get GLM of warp and weft single single. Pls reply

    ReplyDelete
  24. Some one told me the formula:
    Unit=RPM*0.72
    MTR=(Unit*25.4)/Picks per inch

    This is production of 12 hours
    What is 0.72 and 25.4?? Please guide me in detail

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sir please 25.4 guide me thanks Ji

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sir your formula for prod in loom is absolutely clear. Is there a different formula for calculating production of a braiding machine?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Work with Mr Pedro loans and see the difference in financing because they approved my loan within few days of application after been played several times online then I decided to give a try and work with Mr Pedro on refinancing my business which all went well and smooth than I expected, You can contact him on pedroloanss@gmail.com to obtain your loan at 2% rate.

    ReplyDelete